St Mary’s School endeavours to serve the parish and Scone community by educating the whole child; spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually in order to fully participate in both the life of the Church and the broader Australian community. All that the school hopes to achieve is directed toward the realisation that each child possesses the unique dignity as a Child of God.
- We aim for each child to grow in the awareness of God as the Creator of us all, to know and respond to Jesus and the message of His Gospel, and to be open to the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- We recognise that the parents are the primary educators of their children and in this we aim to support and supplement the Christian formation of the child in our care.
- We aim to nurture in each child a cherishing of their Catholic faith so that they may be encouraged to participate actively and give witness to it, by visible example in their daily lives.
- We aim to promote in each child a well formed self image, respect for others, the ability to reason and adopt values, the capacity to continue to develop and to use their natural talents and abilities, and to see education as a life-long process.
- We aim to develop qualities and skills necessary for each child to become successful communicators.